What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
- An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as linking your account to another account with us or an overdraft line of credit. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
- ATM transactions
- Every Debit Card transactions
What fees will I be charged if Mountain National Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $33.00 per item each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the daily fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Mountain National Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and every Debit Card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday Debit Card transactions, please call 865.908.1600, or visit your nearest Mountain National Bank location.